It's been a whole new experience,an experience I harbor mixed feelings for. Having to get up at 5 in the morning, prepare breakfast for my male dominated family, and get ready to work, I mean the only work you do for free in the name of gaining experience. I surprisingly have to start with the breakfast part because the next is quite a task, mix and matching or color blocking my few official pants to achieve a different look everyday, it can never be more challenging. My usually sassy hair also has to look neat at least to meet my bosses' expectations and save myself the "whats wrong with your hair" kind of statements. They really can be embarrassing. Yes, this kind of ignorance is embarrassing but the fact that its just for a short period of time is calming.
| An IT intern just turned to a writer. |
Yes, they call it intern-ship but i would better refer to it as bully-ship, it's that place where interns receive all kinds of bullying. So, it's in a certain hospital in town that am gaining this kind of experience, I mean, it's supposedly an IT internship but all I get are statements like "Go get us that tea in the kitchen, wash these cups for us" to washing the tea can itself, really? Others just want to rub it in your face how much of just an intern you are by asking you to stand while they sit, among other unprintable torrents of bullying. Please! We are better than that, but that's just it - internship. Sometimes you just have to wake up very early, report to work and just stare at your phone the whole time waiting to at least receive a surprise. Yes! A new challenge would be in order! Why for heavens sake won't my bosses just read my mind? You don't know how much I would appreciate that...
From a different perspective, thanks to this kind of idleness, I now got time to write this down. I have no idea how other interns go about it but I bet it's no different. Someone just has to prove a point, that they are senior and we should suck it up and move on. Fine, that's okay with me but do they have any slightest idea that only a coward does that? (pun intended)
It's about time I completed this internship and it's obvious the experience was not the best, but I will dust my feet as I leave this place. Nevertheless there are some few people I will dearly miss: Jennifer, the optician - I envy her big time. Jerioth, the psychiatrist - I really hope your profession has nothing to do with your state of mind plus I could edit your letters any day. Davy - you're such a bully but in a nice way; that way I always tried doing things right lest I receive a piece of your mind. Isaiah - you never cease to amaze me and for the fact that you taught me 1,2,3 IT things is a plus, thanks a bunch! And last but not certainly the least, Sarah and Edwin - won't say much, you can always secure yourself a date with me. (Hah!) But won't forget you Edwin, you are the reason for my blog's revival,you such an inspiration, thank youuu....and yeah that's it!
Am out. The Logbook calls!
No comments:
Post a Comment